Glad to hear it Jackall. From following the twitter feed I thought at 14-21 following a penalty try Stortford would pull away.
Huge credit to Bury to turn it around from there.
I don't know the loan situations of all clubs but did notice before we played Moseley the other day they had a long list ...
Search found 25 matches
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:27 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: National 1 Latest scores - week 5 Saturday 3rd October
- Replies: 41
- Views: 3128
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:07 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: Stepping down from the Nat 1 board
- Replies: 9
- Views: 864
Re: Stepping down from the Nat 1 board
Totally understandable!
The way I generally follow the games is following Stortford's twitter feed then refreshing the Nat 1 app. That seems to have improved a lot. Even teams that don't bother updating scores via social media seem to update that app now.
Don't be stranger though. Despite your ...
The way I generally follow the games is following Stortford's twitter feed then refreshing the Nat 1 app. That seems to have improved a lot. Even teams that don't bother updating scores via social media seem to update that app now.
Don't be stranger though. Despite your ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:45 pm
- Forum: Championship Rugby
- Topic: Week 3 Latest Scores thread - w/e 2nd thru 4th October
- Replies: 83
- Views: 7797
Re: Week 3 Latest Scores thread - w/e 2nd thru 4th October
Is there a tougher fixture in sport than Roth away? They're pretty much unbeatable up there! I hope the prem let them in next season so they can humble the best up there!
Congrats to my friends at Roth. Taken to the Champ like a duck to water! Albeit a labrador jumped in the pond last week to ...
Congrats to my friends at Roth. Taken to the Champ like a duck to water! Albeit a labrador jumped in the pond last week to ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:24 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: National 1 Latest scores - week 5 Saturday 3rd October
- Replies: 41
- Views: 3128
Re: National 1 Latest scores - week 5 Saturday 3rd October
A terrible afternoon for Stortford. Zero points at Bury is disappointing. However, I noted there were 5 Saracens players in the squad. That is unacceptable. It seems like 3 of them are on some kind of long loan as they are sponsored so fair enough. But two were drafted in today due to some injuries ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:09 am
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: Prediction Leagie Week 5
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4530
Re: Prediction Leagie Week 5
Leeds Tykes 2-5 Sale FC
What has gotten into Leeds? Back to back thrashings of former Champ clubs. Sale were humbled last week but expecting them to come back strongly.
Camborne 5-1 London Scottish
Last season there were 2 divisions between these two. The way things have started that could well be ...
What has gotten into Leeds? Back to back thrashings of former Champ clubs. Sale were humbled last week but expecting them to come back strongly.
Camborne 5-1 London Scottish
Last season there were 2 divisions between these two. The way things have started that could well be ...
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:18 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: Week 4 - Latest scores Saturday 26th September
- Replies: 27
- Views: 4547
Re: Week 4 - Latest scores Saturday 26th September
Another interesting weekend with plenty of tries.
Unbelievable result for Stortford. 76 mins without conceding a point is amazing given I think we'd conceded the most points in the league before today! The coach has done a wonderful job over the last couple of seasons addressing areas of weakness ...
Unbelievable result for Stortford. 76 mins without conceding a point is amazing given I think we'd conceded the most points in the league before today! The coach has done a wonderful job over the last couple of seasons addressing areas of weakness ...
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:28 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: NATIONAL ONE – WEEK 3 REVIEW
- Replies: 16
- Views: 2087
Re: NATIONAL ONE – WEEK 3 REVIEW
I agree with you Dawson, a sprinkling of prem youngsters is a good balance.
Interesting point on the finances. My understanding is Nat 1 clubs pay their players. Not sure how much, a few hundred a game?
I wonder if Dings have to pay Bristol loan fees/cover some wages as if not it's another ...
Interesting point on the finances. My understanding is Nat 1 clubs pay their players. Not sure how much, a few hundred a game?
I wonder if Dings have to pay Bristol loan fees/cover some wages as if not it's another ...
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:22 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: Prediction Leagie Week 4
- Replies: 23
- Views: 2433
Re: Prediction Leagie Week 4
Sale FC 5-1 Tonbridge Juddians
Somebody's winning streak has to end tomorrow. Given Sale's imperious form thus far I don't see it being them.
Bishops Stortford 5-2 Birmingham Moseley
Stortford let in a mere 31 points last week, a defensive master class! I would be surprised if both teams don't get ...
Somebody's winning streak has to end tomorrow. Given Sale's imperious form thus far I don't see it being them.
Bishops Stortford 5-2 Birmingham Moseley
Stortford let in a mere 31 points last week, a defensive master class! I would be surprised if both teams don't get ...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:35 am
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: Why not 23 man squads?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 526
Why not 23 man squads?
This is something I've wondered about for a while. Given the increased focus on player safety and the physicality of the league does anyone know why only 5 subs are allowed? I believe the "Champ" has 23 man squads.
It also handicaps tactical flexibility. You essentially need a prop, hooker, scrum ...
It also handicaps tactical flexibility. You essentially need a prop, hooker, scrum ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 7:33 pm
- Forum: National League 1
- Topic: What Are We Paying This Year?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 3012
Re: What Are We Paying This Year?
Stortford have upped the prices this season.
Used to be £15, it's now £20 on the gate although you can buy in advance the day before at ~£16. They have now got a couple of little seated stands though!
No idea on parking, one of the main selling points for me is I can walk down and have a few beers!
Used to be £15, it's now £20 on the gate although you can buy in advance the day before at ~£16. They have now got a couple of little seated stands though!
No idea on parking, one of the main selling points for me is I can walk down and have a few beers!